Source: The Society of Automotive Engineers announcement
WARRENDALE, Penn — The 39th Annual Brake Colloquium & Exhibition (BRAKE) returns Oct. 17-20 as a virtual and in-person event according to the announcement from the organizers, SAE International.
BRAKE continues to be THE place to meet with fellow brake engineers, executives, and key professionals to discuss the newest in braking science and the latest innovative technologies. Hear from the most influential industry leaders – including John Ellis of Ellis & Associates, the confirmed keynote speaker.
In 2021, participants will have a choice of attending the Orlando event in person or virtually, depending upon their comfort level.
SAE Brake Colloquium Goes Virtual for 2020
Registration will open in May. Details will be on the BRAKE website, including registration information.
Some highlights of the two methods of attendance:
- Connect with mobility professionals involved braking technology on our advanced digital platform during designated online networking events.
- Livestream the daily keynotes and participate in select technical sessions.
- Chat with speakers and engage in live discussions from the live event in Orlando.
- Meet leading suppliers in the virtual exhibit hall.
- Get free replay access to any livestreamed discussion.
- Stream the free, pre-event webcast from your home or office.
- Meet with mobility professionals involved in braking technology at socially distanced networking events.
- Participate the daily keynote presentations and technical sessions.
- Spend time exploring the latest braking innovations in the exhibit hall.
- Get replay access to any of the livestreamed discussions after the event.
- Stream the free pre-event webcast from your home or office.
John Ellis is the managing director of Ellis & Associates, the global management consulting firm that serves clients in the world where transportation, consumer, connectivity, and software intersect.
Formerly the Global Technologist of Ford Motor Company’s connected car business unit, Ellis was involved in developing and delivering Sync Gen 3, Ford’s connected car solution, the next generation Sync services (Ford’s connected car+cloud service) as well as SmartDeviceLink, an API system for integrating mobile devices into the car and the genesis for Apple’s Carplay and Google’s Android Auto.
Before that, Ellis was an executive with Motorola delivering wireless software products and services to the mobile industry.
Recent industry accomplishments include: Co-designed and current lead instructor of the Connected Vehicle Professional certificate course for SAE International, as well as co-developed and co-teaching a “Securing the vehicle network” course for U.S. military commands.
In addition, John co-founded and co-leads the Vehicle Electronics Task Force housed within SEMA (Society of Equipment Market Association – “the aftermarket”) and SCRS (Society of Collision Repair Specialists) along with designed and delivered a new and award-winning transportation show under the auspices of the Intelligent Transportation Society of America.