WARRENDALE, Penn. The SAE International is accepting technical topics for the upcoming 40th annual Brake Colloquium & Exhibition (BRAKE) being held Sept. 25-28 in Grand Rapids, Mich.
The event’s organizing committee will accept (up to) 250-word abstracts by March 11th for consideration in the program.
Virtual AND Real: SAE Brake Colloquium 2021
Should the abstract be selected for inclusion by the SAE BRAKE event organizing committee – made up of engineering professionals in the field – support will be provided at each milestone by the full resources of SAE International to help in the development of the manuscript to be presented.
Topics under consideration include:
• Friction Materials
• Fundamental Mechanisms of Friction and Vibration
• Raw Materials • New Innovative Technologies/ Products
• Disc and Drum Materials/Design
• Actuator and Actuation Systems
• Backing Plates • Calipers/Brake Corners/ Wheel Bearings/Assembly
• Advancements in Wet Friction
• Automotive Brakes
• Brake Fluids
• Commercial Vehicle Brakes
• Aftermarket Brakes and Components
• Railway Brakes
• Regulations and Standards
• Wheel Bearings/Seals
• Emission and Environmental
• Impact of Fuel Economy on Brake Design
• Manufacturing and Quality
• High-Performance Brakes
• Brake Hoses
• Electric/Electronic Braking
• Controls & Mechatronics for Hybrid and Conventional
• Braking for Electric, Hybrids, and Automated Driving
• Testing and Measurement
Leading the industry for 40 years, the SAE Brake Colloquium & Exhibition (BRAKE) has been the forum for industry experts to learn about advancements in brake systems and friction materials in North America. BRAKE offers networking opportunities for individuals to come together and make first-hand connections with leaders in the brake community, all while exploring the science and technology of brakes. Join us for this 3.5-day event that covers the newest developments in brake materials, components, systems, testing, modeling, and aftermarket solutions for the light, medium-duty, and commercial vehicle segments.
About SAE International
SAE International is a global association of more than 128,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. Our core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development.