Hagman Search Group is conducting a Senior Product Engineer search for a leading commercial vehicle brake manufacturer. Our client is looking for brake rotor specialists regarding rotor performance, reliability, joint design, or metallurgy.
U.S. – Position can be 100% remote, travel as needed
The Senior Product Engineer position will perform a full range of technical work including writing test requests, drafting DVP&R documents, developing components, completing DFMEA studies, supplier development activities, following a stage-gate development process. This position also leads empirical investigations resolving component-level root-cause analysis.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes a broad range of complex engineering technical assignments requiring in-depth knowledge of foundation brake hardware and validation techniques including laboratory and vehicle testing and metal fatigue bench tests.
- Lead DFMEA creation and updates
- Draft initial project DVP&R and present at design review meetings
- Regarded as a foundation brake hardware technical expert in the area of design and validation.
- Support root cause analysis and associated with DVP&R test failures.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering is required, M.S. in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 10 years in an automotive or commercial vehicle product development team with a tier 1 or OEM environment.
- Experience with foundation brake hardware design within the automotive industry or commercial vehicle industry is preferred.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience with DFMEA and DVP&R processes
- Confident with technical presentations to internal and external customers & suppliers.
- Six Sigma experience is preferred.
- Effective at communicating complex design principles with a variety of audiences including customers and suppliers.
- 8D process experience and demonstrated implementation of PCA solutions preferred.
- Self-starter/self-motivating with a bias for action and results-driven. Detail-oriented and driven to complete assigned tasks on time.
- Strong root cause analysis problem-solving skills.
- Expert-level analytical skills.
Are you interested in the Senior Product Engineer role?
CONTACT OR APPLY
ABOUT HAGMAN SEARCH GROUP
Hagman Search Group is the leading executive search firm devoted to helping brake organizations hire top industry talent. With years of brake knowledge and expertise, our firm is uniquely qualified in attracting executives and senior-level professionals in the friction, foundation brake, and advanced braking segments.
Brian Hagman is President of Hagman Search Group and has spent the last 15+ years working in the brake industry through various HR leadership and executive search positions and is 100% dedicated to the industry.
Back to Brake Careers