Hagman Search Group is conducting a Product Manager – Brake Caliper search for an industry-leading automotive supplier. Reporting to the Director of Product Management this position is responsible for developing the overall strategy and direction for the brake caliper product line. The person will have a deep understanding of the market through industry research, competitive benchmarking, technology advancements and customer needs.
- Develop and execute the overall strategy for the product line(s) assigned that deliver results that outpace the market.
- Responsible for providing periodic reviews of competitive position in the market and recommendations to advance the Business Unit goals.
- Develop product roadmaps and individual product strategies to navigate the new aftermarket technologies introduced by OEM. Providing key insights into the timing of aftermarket impacts through industry research and market research from key data suppliers and partners.
- Using the collective competitive and market/industry intelligence; compile an active list of potential new products and part numbers within the Business Unit to maximize segment growth and profitability. Use the list of potential new part numbers to ensure best-in-class availability.
- Using the New Product Launch Process; determine the feasibility of potential new part numbers or products in the context of the market demand, pricing, and competitive offerings to maximize revenue growth and profitability as well as drive sourcing/procuring of samples for R&D.
- In collaboration with Engineering, Sales, and Category Management, use the company and industry data to determine product lifecycle stages to properly manage the product from introduction through end of life.
- Work closely with engineering to deliver high-quality products to the market that position the company in a favorable position vs. the competition.
- Maintain competitive part number interchanges for consistency and accuracy.
- Interact with sales teams, category management, pricing team, engineering team, catalog team, technical service, and customer service to gather and distribute information.
- Collaborate with commercial team to develop business cases for customer opportunities and drive the strategy to win new business.
- Demonstrates clear thinking regarding forecast drivers, forecast business impacts, and drives to accurate forecasts.
- Participate in data maintenance activities in support of the company’s ERP system.
- Support Marketing Managers with key messaging to our end consumers, buyers, and commercial teams.
- Bachelor’s degree (technical background preferred).
- Experience with brake components (or related) is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in OE or Automotive Aftermarket market
- Experience in a leadership role with proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Process-driven; proven track record of leading projects involving a high level of complexity
- Strong analytical skills; make educated decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions
- Product rationalization & optimization experience.
- Strong understanding of ERP and MRP systems.
- Deep understanding of marketing fundamentals, customers, and key relevant insights (needs, attitudes, values, habits, and practices).
- Experience in working with buyers and management of large companies.
- Good understanding of both financial reports and the budgeting process.
Are you interested in the Product Manager – Brake Caliper role?
CONTACT OR APPLY
ABOUT HAGMAN SEARCH GROUP
Hagman Search Group is the leading executive search firm devoted to helping brake organizations hire top industry talent. With years of brake knowledge and expertise, our firm is uniquely qualified in attracting executives and senior-level professionals in the friction, foundation brake, and advanced braking segments.
Brian Hagman is President of Hagman Search Group and has spent the last 15+ years working in the brake industry through various HR leadership and executive search positions and is 100% dedicated to the industry.
Back to Brake Careers