Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) is recalling 1,314 model year 2024 Freightliner M2 Business Class vehicles due to an incorrect transmission shifter that poses a rollaway risk. The affected vehicles, built between April 6 and October 12, 2023 at the Mt. Holly plant, lack a park pawl but feature a shifter with a “park” position.
- Drivers may mistakenly believe the vehicle is safely parked when in “park” and neglect to set the parking brake, leaving it in neutral and vulnerable to rolling away. This increases the risk of crashes and property damage.
- Incorrect installation of the transmission shifter at the plant.
- 2024 Freightliner M2 Business Class trucks built between April 6 and October 12, 2023, with VINs within the range provided by DTNA.
What to Do:
- If you own an affected vehicle, DTNA will notify you by mail.
- Schedule an appointment with your authorized Daimler Truck North America service facility for a free repair.
- Do not park your vehicle on a grade without setting the parking brake, even if it is in “park.”
- For more information, contact DTNA customer service at 800-745-8000 or visit the NHTSA website at https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls.
- You can also check if your vehicle is affected by entering your VIN on the NHTSA website.
Note: This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Please consult with a qualified attorney if you have any questions about your legal rights.