Are you a technical person with affinity within Automotive and do you want to be part of a team developing future technical solutions for the changing automotive braking industry due to electrification? We might have the perfect position for you!
Home office / Roermond NL (Hybrid)
Who we are?
Lapinus is part of the ROCKWOOL group, world’s biggest rock wool producer focusing on sustainable solutions. Lapinus is an incubator for the development of new applications of rock wool fibres within the ROCKWOOL group.
Within the automotive braking industry, Lapinus is a well-known brand for over 25 years and a global market leader. We supply our mineral wool products to companies that develop and produce brake friction materials. We go beyond being a raw material supplier. Using our pilot plant, test center including NVH Dynamometer, Krauss machine and laboratories we study the functionalities of our products together with other materials in the friction matrix.
In order to offer technical solutions following market trends like electrification of vehicles as well as achieving our sustainability goals, we are looking to expand our team with a Development Manager Automotive. In this role, you will be part of the Automotive team and report to the Business Manager Automotive & OE.
As a Development Manager Automotive you will translate customer needs and market trends into projects and developments.
- Lead and participate actively in projects to improve Lapinus market leadership.
- Initiate internal research using our pilot plant, NVH Dyno and laboratories. Next to that you will be managing external collaborations with universities and other stakeholders.
- Give technical support to identified customers and actively maintain/ expand an external network within the automotive braking industry
- Present the outcome of our studies at international events and in on-site meetings at customers;
- Travel internationally approximately 30 – 40 days per year to visit customers, suppliers, universities, higher Tiers and other external stakeholders to maintain relationships at a good alignment for technical discussions.
You are a self-starting and entrepreneurial person, who is comfortable working within a small team and able to open doors and maintain good relationships with relevant players in the automotive market.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or similar;
- 3+ years working experience in a similar position in a relevant industry (preferably automotive industry);
- Experience in writing technical papers and publications;
- Willingness and ability to travel globally 30-40 days per year;
- Excellent English communication skills (verbally and written);
- Our head office is in Roermond, the Netherlands. You will be working from home with regular presence in our head office.
A position in a pleasant, informal culture with short communication lines and a ‘hands on’ mentality. In addition to an excellent salary, we offer market-based employment conditions.
If you recognize yourself in this profile and challenge, we kindly invite you to apply. If you have any questions about the job content, please feel free to contact our Recruiter Joey de Bruijn via [email protected] or mobile +31631362394