Location: Detroit, MI
Hagman Search Group is conducting a Senior Product Engineer search for a global brake organization.
The Senior Product Engineer is responsible for the design, development, validation, release & launch of new braking components. The role is also responsible for continuous improvement of current production products & assistance with manufacturing process improvement, customer concerns & supplier development.
As a member of the management team, the Senior Product Engineer will provide resources and direct the team to ensure that there is sufficient internal control environment to meet the financial reporting and operations support needs for the company and to comply with the regulatory requirements.
- Participate in cross-functional new product teams either as team leader of technical point person.
- Establish product requirements for performance, durability, and reliability together with any other customer requirements while conforming to the development process
- Execute accurate and consistent design documentation and distribution.
- Execute appropriate and required design analysis to minimize testing requirements and minimize cycle time, while establishing high confidence of performance goal achievement.
- Report progress to technical program goals on a regular basis.
- Identify tools, equipment, and profile required to execute programs and ensure that these requirements are reflected in the operating and capital budgets.
- Act as mentor to other engineers, associate engineers and drafters, where appropriate, to foster career growth, skills development, and training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar accredited Engineering curriculum.
- Minimum seven years engineering experience.
- Must be computer literate in Windows applications, minimum word processing and spreadsheets.
- Working knowledge of CAD, CAE, FEA is a plus.
- Communicates effectively (written and verbal).
- Must be capable of dealing with all aspects of new product development and commercialization.
- Knowledge of automotive or commercial vehicle braking system component development.