Source: GelbKo announcement
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. — GelbKo Environmental Vehicle Solutions has been established to help solve the global problem of capturing brake and tire particulate matter with two new debris-collection systems.
On-road vehicles, including “zero emission” ones, release tons of toxic material including unhealthy brake dust and tire debris into the atmosphere and waterways on a regular basis.
The general approach for solving both the brake and tire wear debris-pollution problems to date is to reformulate both friction materials and tire formulations. This approach removes only raw materials and their derivatives that are already known to be toxic to the environment, but not the particles themselves or any unknown toxic matter which might be dispersed.
According to GelbKo, the best way to remedy this situation is to stop the pollution at the source by collecting, recycling and/or disposing of the debris responsibly.
GelbKo is Introducing the GelbKo Tire Wear Extraction Filtration System (TWEFS) and the Brake Pad Waste Collection Systems, Inc. (BPWCSI) modules to do just that.
The separate Clean Brake Performance (CBP) Modules and the GelbKo TWEFS systems are sustainable and environmentally friendly stand-alone collection systems proven to capture and eliminate up to 96.8 percent of the wear debris while helping to keep the wheels clean.
GelbKo said these are unique, affordable and adaptable solutions which:
- reduce vehicle carbon footprints
- can be applied to vehicles ranging from electric passenger ones to heavy-duty trucks
- can be retrofitted to older vehicles or designed into new ones
- adaptable to drum or disc-brake systems without operational interference
- have adaptable, self-contained HEPA and non-HEPA commercial filter configurations
- no moving parts
- coordinate debris maintenance intervals with manufacturers’ scheduled maintenance.
- only systems available to collect full spectrum of tire wear debris products both solids and soluble constituents
- provide research & development tools for comparing raw materials to vehicle pollution
- allow capture and analysis of tire wear debris particles determined by vehicle operating parameters.