Source: Subaru of America announcement
Camden, N.J.– Subaru of America, Inc. announced that its 2022 vehicle lineup earned four TOP SAFETY PICK+ and two TOP SAFETY PICK awards from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). The company has received more IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK+ awards than any other brand since 2013, the first year of the award.
2022 TOP SAFETY PICK + Winners
- Ascent (TSP for five consecutive years)
- Crosstrek Hybrid (TSP+ for four consecutive years)
- Legacy (TSP for 17 consecutive years)
- Outback (TSP for 14 consecutive years)
2022 TOP SAFETY PICK Winners
- Crosstrek (with EyeSight® and specific headlights) (TSP for 11 consecutive years)
- Impreza five-door (with EyeSight® and specific headlights) (TSP for 15 consecutive years)
To earn a 2022 TOP SAFETY PICK or TOP SAFETY PICK+ award, vehicles must receive ‘Good’ ratings in each of IIHS’s six crashworthiness evaluations; ‘Good’ or ‘Acceptable’ headlight ratings, and available front crash prevention that achieves “Advanced” or “Superior” ratings in both vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-pedestrian evaluations. The ‘Plus’ is awarded to models that come exclusively with ‘Good’ or ‘Acceptable’ headlights.
WILDERNESS TAKES SUBARU OUTBACK FARTHER OFF ROAD
“We are thrilled to receive six IIHS awards for our 2022 model lineup,” said Thomas J. Doll, President and Chief Executive Officer, of Subaru of America. “Our top priority is to provide customers with vehicles made to the highest standards in safety.”
Since 2013, Subaru has received a cumulative total of 61 TOP SAFETY PICK+ awards, which is more than any other brand.