Source: TecSA announcement
TORINO, Italy — TecSA has introduced a new brake inertia dynamometer, designed and developed by TecSA’s Engineering Team, to help top brake components manufacturers to test and develop their products for racing sectors (such as Formula 1, NASCAR, IndyCar, etc.) gain productivity and efficiency by improving workflows to reach the excellence.
Main features: Low Inertia Level, high speed values and high accelerations.
Air flow modulation: the ventilation can be modulated with a cooling speed system from 300 km/h to 100 km/h in just three seconds.
TecSA Moves into China with SST Install
The system is totally open for the customization’s needs of research & development departments of brake systems producers, with the implementation of new algorithms developed and owned by the customer.
Starting from the telemetry of one lap (or of more laps for different conditions of fuels) it is possible to reproduce the exact race conditions and to test the brakes of racing cars for future developments.
The main features of the TecSA’s Racing dyno are:
- AC Motor: 450 kW;
- Maximum breaking moment: 10.000 Nm;
- Maximum pressure: 200 bar;
- Maximum speed: 3.500 rpm;
- Sliding torque: 2.163 Nm;
- Static friction with the main motor: 2.251 Nm;
- Only one inertia flywheel with two possible combinations: 20 kg/m² and 33 kg/m²;
- Inertia range (at 6 g): from 10 kg/m² to 45 kg/m²;
- Inertia Simulation;
Modulated ventilation: 400 km/h – modulation from 300 km/h to 100 km/h in just three seconds!
The TecSA S.r.l. has thirty years of experience in the field of braking system testing laboratories. The company’s activities include the manufacture of new machinery and the revamping / renewal of existing test benches. TecSA products have been continuously evolved and updated (PCs, electronic and mechatronic solutions of latest generation) to increase performances, along with ease of use and high efficiency yield.
Through automation its machines work in safely conditions even without operators. Tests can be run during nights and weekends. Several machines have been supplied for quality control and product development. Main ones are:
– dynamometers for motorbikes, passenger cars and racing sector
– dynamometers for the light commercial vehicles
– dynamometers for the truck and railway sector
– FQT (Friction Quality Test) for quality control, conformity of production and aftermarket development
– SST (Shear Strength Test) to measure shear strength of pads and the detachment of friction material form the backplate
– Alternate torque
In close connection with its Customers, TecSA has developed procedures that meet both international standards (including homologation) and research needs, with high flexibility and the possibility of customizing tests.