Position Filled / Closed
Product Manager position will lead one or more automotive brake product lines for an industry-leading aftermarket manufacturer. Responsibilities include product life cycle management, competitive and OEM cross-references, audit of ACES catalog information, creation of PIES information, developing new parts, and “Go-To Market” new product launch strategy.
- Manage the product offering, make sure the appropriate part numbers are offered in the appropriate product line
- Manage the sourcing of new parts, ensuring we are maximizing the potential of the product line. Work with suppliers to develop new numbers.
- Review/approve drawings from suppliers to ensure the correct specifications are followed
- Coordinate shipment of PPAP samples from supplier
- Audit the PPAP samples to ensure they are the correct fit/form/function compared to OEM.
- Audit the product offering frequently, discontinuing dying part numbers and adding new, managing the life cycle status of all parts
- Manage the new part development process from beginning to end, making sure every step happens in a reasonable amount of time
- Audit the quality of components, new parts and assemblies, instructing the Quality Control team how to conduct follow-up audits
- Work closely with all departments involved: Sales, Production, QC, and Purchasing
- Audit the catalog for errors/omissions
- Establish competitive cross-references for all parts and distribute to the cataloging and sales departments
- Establish product attributes and populate a product information file containing this information
- Ensure that the sales team has the appropriate information and marketing material to successfully sell the product line(s)
- Field occasional catalog questions from our customers
- Load new parts, product information, etc. into our ERP, MRP, and Catalog Systems
- Establish pricing for new parts
- Correspond with vendors to verify components, confirm quality standards, and confirm product specifications
- Assist with other product lines as necessary
- Brake industry expertise
- Prior experience with automotive aftermarket product line management and/or data management
- Prior experience with ACES and PIES standards is required
- Must have at least a general knowledge of ACES and PIES data standards.
- Self-directed with, very high attention to detail, and must possess the ability to make important decisions based on a lot of data.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a desire to learn to become better at the profession.
- Proficient in data manipulation.
- Personal or professional experience with automotive parts and vehicle maintenance is a large plus.
- The Product Manager must have a strong work ethic as well as the willingness to work extended hours as necessary to meet deadlines.
- Automotive enthusiasts generally do well in this type of position.
Contact or Apply
About Hagman Search Group
Hagman Search Group is the leading executive search firm devoted to helping brake organizations hire top industry talent. With years of brake knowledge and expertise, our firm is uniquely qualified in attracting executives and senior-level professionals in the friction, foundation brake, and advanced braking segments.
Brian Hagman is President of Hagman Search Group and has spent the last 15+ years working in the brake industry through various HR leadership and executive search positions and is 100% dedicated to the industry.
Back to Brake Careers