Hagman Search Group is conducting a Product Engineer (Foundation Brakes) search for a leading global brake supplier. This role is responsible for the development of brake systems for assigned OE customer programs.
Detroit, MI area
- Business Development – Product Engineer will support the internal team (Applications, Manufacturing and Sales) on creating competitive product proposals for winning new business.
- Work with crossfunctional team to support requirement analysis and respond to customers. Responsible for component aspects and support system aspects.
- Support application engineering team and assist in preparing material for technical review with customer.
- Collaborate with applications engineer on keeping open issues list up to date and collaborate with internal team on efforts to close open issues.
- Support the efforts to complete all phases of the Product Development Process (APQP, DFMEA, PFMEA, KPC definition, etc).
- Product Engineer will release design on time for the build and collaborate with the application engineer and test coordinator to plan the build.
- Provide technical solutions to all performance attributes that are not meeting internal and/or customer requirement.
- Support crossfunctional team assisting plant efforts during manufacturing reviews, trials and documentation (control plans, operation sheets, flow charts, capability studies, ISIR and PPAP documentation).
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of automotive experience working in product design (CAD, FEA, Stack-ups, BOM, etc.)
- Experience in developing brake components and systems (calipers, drum brakes, master cyl/boosters) preferred.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills and be able to connect academic knowledge with practical problems.
Interested in the Product Engineer opportunity?
Contact or Apply
About Hagman Search Group
Hagman Search Group is the leading executive search firm devoted to helping brake organizations hire top industry talent. With years of brake knowledge and expertise, our firm is uniquely qualified in attracting executives and senior-level professionals in the friction, foundation brake, and advanced braking segments.
Brian Hagman is President of Hagman Search Group and has spent the last 15+ years working in the brake industry through various HR leadership and executive search positions and is 100% dedicated to the industry.
Back to Brake Careers