The Product Development Engineer is responsible for the design and development of new products including oil-immersed wet brakes, dry disc caliper brakes, spring applied brakes, and advanced technology electric and brake-by-wire products.
The individual will be a key driver in the company’s success and will work closely with internal teams consisting of engineering leaders, product/program managers, test engineers, manufacturing engineers, quality engineers, sourcing agents, and sales managers.
- Design and development of brake, friction, and hydraulic products for off-highway and industrial vehicles.
- Coordinate global, cross-functional teams including CAD Designers, Application Engineers, and Test Engineers in all aspects of new product development, testing, and launch.
- Compile Product Development Specifications for new products incorporating all aspects of the program including technical design, intellectual property control, manufacturing and quality requirements, internal design validation, and customer validation and certification requirements.
- Lead detailed DFMEA sessions along with writing and implementing Design Validation Plans and Reports.
- Perform both analytical and solid modeling design (PTC Creo) of brake and hydraulic components and assemblies including pistons and seal design, structural durability and stiffness FEA (PTC Creo Simulation), and bolted joint validation.
- Create and review 2D component and assembly drawings along with Bills of Material including advanced GD&T and dimensional tolerance stacks.
- Write and review product engineering specifications, service manuals, and technical marketing advertisements.
- Hands-on support for on-site installations of strategic customer product launches.
- Identifies and solves problems, directly or indirectly, employing fact-based decision-making and identifying support as required.
- Details performance with regular reports.
- Regularly communicates team accomplishments and issues to management as appropriate.
- Leads team meetings as appropriate.
- Minimum of a B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent product design-focused engineering degree.
- 2 – 5 years of product design or development.
- Familiarity with off-highway / construction / mining / agriculture / military vehicles or equipment a plus.
- Knowledge of CAD (PTC Creo) is preferred.
- Knowledge of diverse manufacturing processes is a plus.
- Must be willing to travel as required to perform the objectives of this function (less than 15%).
About Hagman Search Group
Hagman Search Group is the leading executive search firm devoted to helping brake organizations hire top industry talent. With years of brake knowledge and expertise, our firm is uniquely qualified in attracting executives and senior-level professionals in the friction, foundation brake, and advanced braking segments.
Brian Hagman is President of Hagman Search Group and has spent the last 15+ years working in the brake industry through various HR leadership and executive search positions and is 100% dedicated to the industry.
Back to Brake Careers