Source: Subaru announcement
CAMDEN, N.J. — The 2022 Forester compact SUV has been named a 2022 TOP SAFETY PICK+ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). This marks the 16th-consecutive year Forester has earned an IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK.
The 2022 Forester joins seven other Subaru models in receiving an IIHS award this year including:
2022 TOP SAFETY PICK + Winners
- Subaru Ascent (TSP for five consecutive years)
- Subaru BRZ (with EyeSight®) (First year for TSP+)
- Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid (TSP+ for four consecutive years)
- Subaru Legacy (TSP for 17 consecutive years)
- Subaru Outback (TSP for 14 consecutive years)
2022 TOP SAFETY PICK Winners
- Subaru Crosstrek (with EyeSight® and specific headlights) (TSP for 11 consecutive years)
- Subaru Impreza five-door (with EyeSight® and specific headlights) (TSP for 15 consecutive years)
The 2022 Forester received the highest possible rating for all crashworthiness and crash avoidance evaluations. Headlights on all trim levels achieved the top rating for their performance. Standard EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology earned superior ratings in both the vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-pedestrian evaluations.
To earn a 2022 TOP SAFETY PICK or TOP SAFETY PICK+ award, vehicles must receive “Good” ratings in each of IIHS’s six crashworthiness evaluations; “Good” or “Acceptable” headlight ratings, and available front crash prevention that achieves “Advanced” or “Superior” ratings in both vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-pedestrian evaluations. The ‘Plus’ is awarded to models that come exclusively with “Good” or “Acceptable” headlights.
For 2022, the compact SUV received a redesigned front fascia along with new safety and convenience features. The Forester is also the latest model to join the adventure-ready Wilderness family. The new rugged trim level combines Subaru’s legendary Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive with a specially revised drivetrain, standard X-MODE, elevated 9.2-inch ground clearance, and exclusive wheels with all-terrain tires.
Since 2013, Subaru has received a cumulative total of 63 TOP SAFETY PICK+ awards, which is more than any other brand.