Source: Deepen announcement
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Deepen AI, a world leader in computer vision tools for autonomous systems – like those used in autonomous vehicles, has announced key new additions to its calibration tool – Deepen Calibrate.
Deepen Calibrate is an easy-to-use web browser-based tool that supports both intrinsic and extrinsic calibrations.
Among extrinsic calibrations, Deepen Calibrate currently supports:
• LiDAR to Camera – Checkerboard based calibration
• Vehicle to Camera – Checkerboard, fiducial markers, accurate and external reference camera
• LiDAR to Vehicle – Plane board-based calibration
• Stereo Camera – Checkerboard-based calibration
• Non-overlapping Camera – Checkerboard and external reference camera
AV Market to Grow by 36%, $37B Value by 2023
More calibration types are being added regularly, with three new types of calibrations scheduled to be added before the end of the year.
“Companies with safety-critical multi-sensor systems recalibrate their systems infrequently due to the complexity and lack of expert individuals that can perform complex calibrations. Now with Deepen Calibrate, companies can bring down calibration time by almost 90 percent while ensuring accuracy,” said Cheuksan Wang, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer.
Deepen Calibrate makes the critical task of sensor calibration simple and quick. Deepen Calibrate manages the complexities of the calibration process, ensuring accuracy and making autonomous systems safer, while also making a job that typically requires the time of a Ph.D-level engineer into something anyone can do.
Deepen Calibrate can cut the time spent on calibrating multi-sensor data from hours to minutes, enabling accurate localization, mapping, sensor fusion perception, and control.
“We have always put safety first in all we do. Our calibration suite is a critical area to help make the world safer and more productive in-line with our mission,” said Mohammad Musa, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer.
Key features of Deepen Calibrate include:
• Sophisticated algorithms optimized for accuracy
• Calculate intrinsic & extrinsic calibration parameters
• Visualizations for debugging calibration mistakes
• Export calibration results