Source: ZF announcement
HANNOVER, Germany – The following is excerpted from an extensive overview of ZF Commercial Vehicle (CV) Systems summary of its off-highway commercial-vehicle braking solutions.
Electronic Braking System EBS
Electronic Braking System EBS – The Full Range of Braking Performance (EBS Axle Modulators, EBS Brake Signal Transmitter, EBS ECU) Electronic Braking System with Anti-lock Braking functionality for pneumatically braked vehicles:
• Enables significantly shorter stopping distances compared to a conventional braking system
• Transfers driver’s deceleration request electronically to all braking system components
• Balances brake forces between axles of truck-trailer combination during braking procedure
• Optimizes vehicle uptime through reduced service and maintenance efforts
ZF Opens its Expanded Erich Reinecke Test Track
ZF COMMERCIAL VEHICLE CONTROL SYSTEMS, OFF-HIGHWAY SOLUTIONS
EBS components include:
• EBS Brake Signal Transmitter
• EBS Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
The Electronic Braking System is also the building block for autonomous driving. The package offers high flexibility due of the distributed design and enables a wide choice of value-adding functionalities without any need for additional hardware.
Electronic Brake Pedal
Foot pedal with sensor designed for use in electrohydraulic brake and/or electronic throttle control applications
• Provides force feedback proportional to pedal rotation
• Reduces operator fatigue by removing hydraulic system noise from the cab of the machine
• Allows the electro-/hydraulic valves to be located near the brakes for quick system response
• Various spring packs are available to suit light to heavy pedal force requirements
• Robust pedal design for demanding environments
ZF COMMERCIAL VEHICLE CONTROL SYSTEMS, OFF-HIGHWAY SOLUTIONS is a global leading construction and mining solution provider providing robust pedal designs for demanding environments
A hydraulic valve can be added to the end of the pedal stroke for additional redundancy. The electronic brake pedal allows the electro-/hydraulic valves to be located near the brakes for quick system response. Various spring packs are available to suit light to heavy pedal force requirements.
The overview also includes sections on:
Air Disc Brake PANTM 25
Electrohydraulics and Controls
The entire overview, including images, can be viewed by clicking HERE.