ANN ARBOR, Mich. – Advanced safety features are a hallmark of the completely redesigned 2020 Hyundai Sonata introduced with a base price of $23,400 for the well-equipped SE model.
This model’s standard equipment includes:
- Combined MPG 32 (vs. 2019 Sonata SE’s 29 MPG)
- 8-inch LCD monitor (vs 7-inch LCD monitor)
- Electronic Parking Brake (new standard SmartSense feature)
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (new standard SmartSense feature)
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) (new standard SmartSense feature)
- Lane Follow Assist (LFA) (new standard SmartSense feature)
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW) (new standard SmartSense feature)
- Automatic high-beam assist (new standard SmartSense feature)
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go (new standard SmartSense feature)
- LED Hidden Lighting Lamps (new standard SmartSense feature)
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- LED taillights
- Laminated windshield
“With the 2020 Sonata, our focus was a no-compromise innovation approach allowing Sonata owners to have great style, comfort, technology and safety. This focus led to a set of attributes not seen in the midsize car category – attributes such as four-door-coupe looks, 32 mpg, phone as key technology, standard smart cruise control and a class-leading value position,” said Mike O’Brien, vice president, product, corporate and digital planning, Hyundai Motor America. “At Hyundai, we’re big fans of sweating all the details, and we have done that with the 2020 Sonata.”
Focusing on safety features, a move up to the $25,500 SEL adds Blind Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist with Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist, while the top-of-the-line $33,300 Limited model brings Blind-Spot View Monitor with Blind-Spot Collision Warning (BCW) in addition to all the above-mentioned safety features.
The Blind-Spot View Monitor with the Sonata’s outside mirror-mounted cameras offers the driver an enhanced field of vision. The Blind-Spot Collision Warning (BCW) system scans for vehicles entering your blind spot. If the driver activates a turn signal, an image of the view from the corresponding wing mirror is displayed in the 12.3-inch cluster display. If a vehicle is detected in the blind spot, audible and visual alerts are provided.