The Performance Racing Industry (PRI) Show, held December 7-9 in Indianapolis, once again proved to be the premier event for all things racing. And as always, brake companies were out in force, showcasing their latest innovations and technologies.
The BRAKE Report was on the scene, capturing the action and excitement. Here’s a glimpse at just a few of the brake companies that made a splash at the 2023 PRI Show:
- Alcon: Headquartered in the UK, Alcon has enjoyed tremendous success in the USA for more than 3 decades – starting with supplying brakes to IndyCar constructors in the mid-1980s and quickly expanding to become a leading supplier to top-level race teams in IMSA, Tran-Am, and NASCAR.
- AP Racing: A global leader in the design, development and production of high-performing brake and clutch systems, AP Racing creates innovative solutions for the motorsport, automotive OEM and upgrade markets.
- Baer Brakes: You will find Baer Brakes on many prominent cars in hot rodding, Pro-Touring and of course at auto-cross events and on the racetrack where its entire journey began. Baer brakes – track-tested performance, engineered and priced for hot rodders and racers of all genres.
- Brembo: For more than 30 years, Brembo Racing brake systems have helped the most successful teams in motorsports win the world’s most prestigious races.
- Hawk Performance: Hawk Performance has been a leader in the production of premium friction products for over 25 years. The company has a wide variety of racing and performance products to choose from.
- Halo by Orthene: Halo is a specialist producer of high-performance racing brake fluids for the professional motorsport industry.
- Pagid Racing: The exclusive motorsport brand of TMD Friction, Pagid Racing‘s brake products are designed to produce the highest possible performance levels over a wide range of operating conditions.
- PFC Brakes: A leader in the racing brake industry, with a rich history and a reputation for innovation and performance. PFC Brakes‘ story is one of dedication, passion, and a relentless pursuit of excellence on the track.
- PureForge: Specializing in advanced brake technology, specifically focusing on brake rotors. PureForge‘s Atomic-Forged® process delivers several key benefits and is well-suited for the track.
- Wilwood Racing: Since 1977, Wilwood has collaborated extensively with partners, from car builders to drivers, to refine its braking systems for championship-winning performance.
Beyond the big names:
In addition to these established players, the PRI Show also featured a diverse range of smaller brake companies, each offering unique and innovative solutions. These companies demonstrated the continued growth and dynamism of the brake industry, with a focus on niche applications and emerging technologies.
A vibrant and competitive landscape:
The presence of so many brake companies at the PRI Show underlines the crucial role that brakes play in racing performance. With competition fierce and innovation constant, attendees were treated to a showcase of the latest and greatest braking technologies, all vying for a place on the podium.
The BRAKE Report’s photo report provides just a glimpse into the exciting world of brakes at the PRI Show. It’s clear that the future of braking is bright, with innovative companies constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. We look forward to seeing what the next PRI Show will bring!