NORTHAMPTON, U.K. — EBC Brakes Racing has updated its Apollo Big Brake Kitsfor the EP3 Honda Civic Type R (2001-2005) which is designed for more extreme track/race-car setups requiring increased clearance from suspension components.
Apollo Big Brake Kits have been available for these Honda cars for a while; these new versions are an addition to the EBC range (not a replacement).
EBC Brakes Racing’s Apollo Big Brake Kits represent the ultimate upgrade when it comes to improving stopping power, according to the company.
Complete with British-engineered four-piston calipers and all the hardware necessary for complete replacement of equivalent components of vehicle’s front stock braking system. The replacements provide a firmer and more responsive brake pedal feel and allow driving longer without the onset of brake fade.
Apollo Big Brake Kits are also supplied with front braided brake lines and high-performance fluid, ensuring a brake upgrade that delivers maximum braking performance.
Apollo-Series 4-Piston Calipers
- EBC’s lightweight-yet-strong aluminum 4-piston brake caliper
- Two-piece bolted design that incorporates high-tensile 12.9-grade steel bolts for reinforcement of the caliper bridge section (computer FEA analysis shows that this offers significant improvements in caliper stiffness compared to a monobloc design)
- Machined from heat-treated low-pressure castings (this offers a noticeable performance advantage over conventional gravity cast calipers, exhibiting higher overall strength and a comparable caliper body stiffness to forging)
- Rather than a powder-coated finish, all Apollo calipers use an advanced high-temperature Teflon™ polyester coating process to ensure they look great for much longer. Currently available in Stealth Black, Storm Shadow Blue, Luminous Yellow and Racing Red
Fully Floating Two-Piece Discs
- Fully floating 330x28mm two-piece discs that allow the outer ring to expand freely in response to heat (this reduces stress which in turn extends disc life and reduces the tendency for disc cracking during extreme use)
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance (this reduces maintenance requirements and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely over time)
- Disc rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved cooling
- Unique ‘Swept Groove’ slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gases whilst ensuring good initial bite on brake application
- Now featuring the latest thermic black corrosion-resistant finish – the very latest in rust prevention