Brembo, an automotive brake technology pioneer, is unveiling its new aftermarket pads strategy at the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX) & Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show. The event kicks off on October 31, 2023, at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Why It Matters
Brembo’s innovation addresses the evolving automotive industry by ensuring vehicles maintain safe stopping capabilities, irrespective of the powertrains of the future. Their products emphasize increased environmental sustainability and cater to enthusiasts, automakers, and racetracks. The aim is to guarantee an optimal driving experience while progressively introducing greener products.
- Copper Free XTRA Brake Pads: AAPEX sees the global introduction of Brembo’s Copper Free XTRA brake pad lineup, consisting of Low Met and Ceramic NAO formulations. This product line bridges the gap between Brembo’s aftermarket and performance lines, highlighting their commitment to environmental-friendly and high-performance braking solutions.
- XTRA Product Details:
- Low Met Line: Prioritizes performance, stopping capabilities, and overall driving experience for car enthusiasts.
- XTRA Ceramic Line: Focuses on superior performance, comfort, and minimal dust to ensure cleaner wheels.
- Visual Identity: Brembo is launching a new visual identity for its pads, allowing differentiation through backing plates and shim colors. For instance:
- Black shim signifies the Prime family, Red is for XTRA, and Silver denotes Beyond.
- Backing plate colors like Black stand for Low-Met, gray for NAO/Ceramic, Blue for Beyond EV, and Green represents Beyond Greenance.
- Collaboration: Brembo’s innovative aftermarket brake pad strategy stems from its joint venture with Gold Phoenix, bolstering Brembo’s dominance in the aftermarket pads domain.
Brembo’s groundbreaking aftermarket strategy caters to the ever-evolving needs of the automotive industry. By introducing performance-rich, environment-friendly brake solutions and showcasing their diverse product range at AAPEX and SEMA, including the braking system from the iconic Bugatti Bolide, Brembo remains at the forefront of brake technology. Their commitment to excellence and sustainability ensures they continue turning energy into inspiration for automakers and enthusiasts worldwide.