Automotive giants tap Sensata’s force sensor to unlock the future of electric vehicles and electromechanical brakes.
As electric vehicles (EVs) surge in popularity, braking systems need a modern makeover. That’s where Sensata Technologies steps in, with its groundbreaking Brake Force Sensor. This innovative technology has been chosen by leading automotive brake system manufacturers for integration into their next-generation Electromechanical Brake (EMB) systems, a game-changer for EV performance and safety.
EMBs offer significant advantages for EVs:
- Enhanced Braking Performance: Precise force measurement in calipers and drums enables optimized braking, leading to shorter stopping distances and improved control.
- Increased Safety: Direct feedback on braking force enhances driver confidence and reduces the risk of accidents.
- Optimized Regenerative Braking: EMBs unlock the full potential of regenerative braking, recovering energy and boosting EV efficiency.
Sensata’s Brake Force Sensor is at the heart of this revolution:
- Proven Technology: Built on Sensata’s robust Micro Strain Gauge (MSG) platform with over 15 years of experience, the sensor delivers reliable and accurate data.
- Real-Time Feedback: It provides closed-loop feedback on force applied, empowering brake system manufacturers to optimize performance, safety, and comfort.
- Low-Risk Path to Market: Compliance with ISO26262 and ASIL requirements ensures a smooth transition for automakers.
- Flexible Design: The sensor’s compact size, various force ranges, and adaptable connection options cater to diverse needs.
For Sensata, this is more than just a sensor; it’s a commitment to innovation that drives electrification forward. “Our customers trust us as they embark on this journey,” says Jennifer Slater, Sensata’s Senior Vice President of Automotive Business. “These collaborations are a vital part of shaping safer and more modern mobility solutions.”
The future of braking is here, powered by Sensata’s Brake Force Sensor. With its focus on performance, safety, and efficiency, this technology paves the way for a new era of EV dominance.