Location: Detroit, MI
Hagman Search Group is conducting a Senior Manager – Engineering search for a global brake organization. The role is based in the Detroit area and will report to the company’s R&D Leader.
The Senior Manager – Engineering is responsible for leading a team tasked with the design, development, validation, release & launch of advanced braking technology.
- Oversee team responsible for local support for awarded programs and pre-selling activity to North American customers.
- Participate in cross-functional teams either as a team leader or technical point person.
- Establish product requirements for performance, durability, and reliability together with any other customer requirements while conforming to the development process
- Execute accurate and consistent design documentation and distribution.
- Execute appropriate and required design analysis to minimize testing requirements and minimize cycle time, while establishing high confidence of performance goal achievement.
- Report progress to technical program goals on a regular basis.
- Identify the tools and equipment required to execute programs and ensure that these requirements are reflected in the operating and capital budgets.
- Current or recent experience with vacuum-less boosters, I-Boost, E-Boost, EBB, ABS, ESC, Traction Control, or other advanced braking development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar accredited Engineering curriculum.
- Minimum 10+ years of engineering experience.
- Communicates effectively (written and verbal).
- Must be capable of dealing with all aspects of new product development and commercialization.
About Hagman Search Group
Hagman Search Group is the leading executive search firm devoted to helping brake organizations hire top industry talent. With years of brake knowledge and expertise, our firm is uniquely qualified in attracting executives and senior-level professionals in the friction, foundation brake, and advanced braking segments.
Brian Hagman is President of Hagman Search Group and has spent the last 15+ years working in the brake industry through various HR leadership and executive search positions and is 100% dedicated to the industry.
Back to Brake Careers