The Senior Design Engineer will be responsible for the design of new foundation brake products to fulfill customer needs, including 3D CAD models and 2D drawings, in support of existing brake rotor and drum products.
The individual will be working on cross-functional teams with engineers from the wheel end design, test, and application groups to validate and release products for customer-specific brake configurations. In addition, this engineer will support production through new material development, and design for manufacturability (DFM) for casting, machining, and assembly.
Location: Pacific Northwest
- Conduct design activities based upon all available customer specifications and quality requirements.
- Support creation and revision of testing requirements to ensure internal and external quality targets are met.
- Utilizing SPC, conduct design and testing activities and document results.
- Act as Customer liaison for technical support, changes, and solution proposals.
- Interface with other disciplines regarding Design Reviews; Design Verification, Validation, and Release.
Qualifications for Senior Design Engineer:
- Bachelors or Masters in Mechanical Engineering.
- Ten or more years of post-graduation mechanical design engineering work experience.
- Five (5) or more years of vehicle brake design engineering experience.
- CAD and 2D/3D modeling and drafting (Creo/ProE preferred).
- Solid engineering fundamentals.
- Strong initiative to identify and resolve technical problems.
- Gray iron processing, iron foundry, and/or gray iron metallurgy experience.
- Commercial vehicle industry experience.
- DFMEA, PFMEA, and FEA experience.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
Brian Hagman // +1 270 506 0800 // [email protected] // hagmansearch.com
About Hagman Search Group
Hagman Search Group is the leading executive search firm devoted to helping brake organizations hire top industry talent. With years of brake knowledge and expertise, our firm is uniquely qualified in attracting executives and senior-level professionals in the friction, foundation brake, and advanced braking segments.
Brian Hagman is President of Hagman Search Group and has spent the last 15+ years working in the brake industry through various HR leadership and executive search positions and is 100% dedicated to the industry.
Back to Brake Careers