Motorcraft® Now Offering More Options with Brake Pads and Coated Brake Rotors and Drums
DEARBORN, Mich., October 18, 2018 – When customers go for a brake check, Motorcraft has them covered with the announcement of expanded coverage within the line of brake pads and coated rotors/drums. With 36 additional Motorcraft brake pads and 20 additional Motorcraft coated brake rotors and drums, customers will have more competitively priced options for their next brake service.
“These new applications complement the first 177 part numbers launched last year,” said Drew Laird, Ford North American Brake Product Manager. “Customers will find that pricing on these new applications will meet their various budgets and vehicle needs.”
The new applications are now available to order, and all feature the quality that customers have come to expect from Motorcraft. The brake pads are dynamometer tested and constructed utilizing materials that meet Ford engineering requirements. All are designed to match OE design and materials. In addition, the brake pads feature:
- Beveled friction material edges “chamfers” to help eliminate vibration for smooth stops
- Slots cut into the pads help dissipate heat for long life, reduced fade and water management
- Noise damping insulators, shims and attaching hardware are included to replace worn parts that can contribute to brake squeal
Motorcraft rotors/drums are mill balanced to help provide vibration free stops. They are made with GG15HC formulated high carbon casting for:
- Enhanced heat dissipation and extended brake life
- High resistance to thermal cracking and fade
- Low noise propensity and resistance to brake judder
In addition, the rotors/drums are ready to install out of the box, and have an anti-corrosive silver coating to help:
- Provide a stylish and clean appearance for open wheel design
- Reduce corrosion in the veins and can help improve long-term balance
- Inhibit the rotor from corroding to the hub
All parts are backed by Ford Motor Company. Motorcraft brake pads and coated rotors/drums carry the two-year limited warranty* with unlimited mileage and no commercial exceptions. Plus, the added benefit of labor reimbursement up to $150 for fleets and installers.