PLYMOUTH, Mich. – LINK Engineering recently unveiled a new Model-in-the-Loop Dynamic Brake Simulation product with the following announcement and website brochure.
LINK is excited to introduce the all-new Model-in-the-Loop (MiL) Dynamic Brake Simulation product, which features advanced technology for vehicle testing and development. With this product, our customers can utilize existing or new conventional LINK dynamometers to test dynamic braking under various responses of the chassis sub-system.
- Assess interactions in real-time between the foundation brake(s) and the vehicle systems
- Early and rapid identification of the impacts of design changes using the automotive models via simulation, ahead of having the physical components available for testing
- Reduce development time and the costs of redesign by conducting front-loaded testing
- Minimize the additional complexity and costs typically associated with Hardware-in-the-Loop testing, which can be a second level of sophistication and integration of the test plant
- temperatures, dynamic friction coefficients, compliance and hysteresis of brake components, and tribological behavior inducing noise, vibration, harshness, corrosion, and brake emissions which influence the vehicle response and are not available for reliable modeling.