Dr. Marcel Wiedmann steers HELLA’s global spare parts and workshop business into a new era, effective January 1, 2024. This strategic move positions the automotive supplier under the FORVIA umbrella to capitalize on evolving market trends in electrification, automation, and digitalization.
Proven Expertise for a Dynamic Landscape:
- Wiedmann, a seasoned manager with extensive international experience, brings a wealth of knowledge from his previous roles at HELLA, including Head of the HELLA Corporate Center Asia and Executive Vice President Finance & Controlling China.
- His prior stints with Robert Bosch GmbH and McKinsey & Company further solidify his leadership credentials.
- Stefan van Dalen, HELLA Management Board member responsible for the Lifecycle Solutions business group, highlights Wiedmann’s “great international expertise” and expresses confidence in his ability to unlock new opportunities.
- The spare parts and workshop sectors hold immense potential amidst the industry’s ongoing transformation, fueled by electric vehicles, autonomous driving, and digitalization.
Building on a Strong Foundation:
- Wiedmann acknowledges the dedication of the 2,000-strong global workforce and successful partnerships as key contributors to its robust market position.
- He plans to leverage this established framework while injecting new focus on market expansion, product range diversification, and strategic innovation.
- The spare parts and workshop business operate within the Lifecycle Solutions group, with Hella Gutmann Solutions handling the workshop segment.
- Adnan Cemal, who assumed leadership of Hella Gutmann Solutions in July 2023, will report directly to Wiedmann, fostering seamless collaboration within the group.
This appointment signals HELLA’s commitment to staying ahead of the curve in the evolving automotive landscape. With Wiedmann’s leadership and combined expertise within the Lifecycle Solutions group, the company is poised to seize the exciting opportunities emerging in the aftermarket sector.