The advancement of the Euro 7 directive, pivotal for both passenger cars and commercial vehicles, is nearing its final stages. This directive is set to introduce limit values for brake emissions, marking a significant step in automotive regulatory standards. While the precise implementation date remains undetermined, the anticipation has prompted numerous test facility operators to commence investments towards developing capabilities that align with the GTR compliance.
In the midst of evolving standards and discoveries, AVL’s TechDay on Brake Wear emerges as a crucial platform for professionals to enhance their understanding and engage in meaningful discussions with peers in the field. This event is particularly designed to cater to both seasoned experts and those new to the domain, offering comprehensive insights into the current legislative landscape as well as the intricacies of test bench design.
Register for the event HERE.
The TechDay held on March 12, 2024, is scheduled to take place at the Hotel Melchior Park in Würzburg, Germany, and promises a rich agenda. The event (held in German language) will provide attendees with in-depth presentations covering a range of topics, including:
- The impact of Euro-7 legislation on brake wear emission measurement: A critical analysis of how the new regulations will transform testing and measurement standards.
- Detailed exploration of brake emission test benches: Focusing on the latest in measurement and testing technology as outlined in the GRPE/2023/4 document.
- First-hand experience reports on test execution: Offering valuable insights from those who have navigated the complexities of the testing process.
- Research into pad/disc material: Delving into the advancements and challenges in material science that affect brake wear emissions.
- Innovations in filter technology and residual friction torque measurement: Highlighting cutting-edge developments that are set to redefine emission testing.
AVL’s TechDay stands as a beacon for professionals seeking to stay ahead in the rapidly evolving automotive industry, providing a unique opportunity for knowledge exchange and networking among the best in the field.
Sign up for our weekly eNewsletter and get a free copy of BrakeLine, our quarterly digital magazine.