Source: EBC Brakes Racing announcement
NORTHAMPTON, U.K. — EBC Brakes Racing’s (EBC) acclaimed two-piece fully floating discs are now available for many more significant vehicle applications.
The Northampton-based firm has expanded on its range, so the high-performance component is now available for the Audi RSQ3 (8U), various Mercedes AMG models, the Mk3 Renault Megan RS, as well as more of VW-Audi Group’s popular MQB Platform of vehicles.
With many of the vehicles in question designed to be driven sportingly on both road and track, these applications prove to be a valuable addition to the EBC Brakes Racing range of products.
Fully Floating Two-Piece Discs
– EBC’s SG2F fully floating rotor allows the outer cast-iron friction ring to expand freely with temperature, eliminating disc warping.
– Discs are grooved to allow the pad to vent, without disc holes becoming epicentres for disc cracking.
– Race-derived G3500-grade high-carbon cast iron is used for the friction rings. This high-quality metallurgy possesses greater crack resistance and an increased ability to conduct and then radiate heat.
– Aluminium bells are machined from aerospace-grade aluminium and then hard anodised for longevity, whereas the stock brake rotors use uncoated cast aluminium bells.
– Cast iron friction rings feature 48 curved vanes and are handed for each side of the vehicle. This significantly improves the brake disc’s ability to radiate heat, increasing brake system endurance and prolonging the onset of brake fade.
– Bobbins are machined from stainless steel which cannot rust, ensuring the disc continues to float freely throughout its entire life cycle on the vehicle, even on road cars.
– Spring clips ensure totally silent operation and eliminate off-brake disc rattle.
– Friction rings can be replaced individually after they have become worn, allowing the
aluminium bell and stainless-steel bobbins to be re-used, leading to lower long-term operating costs.
For a complete list of vehicle applications, please visit your nearest EBC Brakes dealer or www.ebcbrakesdirect.com.
About EBC Brakes
Privately owned, EBC Brakes is a world leader in the manufacture of disc brake components. Expanding rapidly in the automotive industry, EBC Brakes has become a world leader in sport, high performance and race brake pads and discs with a massive range of products. EBC is proud that all its brake pad materials are completely free from heavy metals and sulphides, making them eco-friendly.
EBC Brakes produces 100 percent of its automotive brake pad range in its Bristol factory in the U.K.
About EBC Brakes Racing
Formed in 2015 as a response to the ever-expanding track day and race car markets, EBC Brakes Racing is a sub-division of world-leader in the industry, EBC Brakes.
EBC Brakes Racing aims to offer uncompromised braking products of the finest quality that offer unparalleled levels of performance on track days and in race situations.