The Account Manager is responsible for managing the day to day sales activities with multiple Tier 1 and OEM accounts.
Location: Remote U.S.
- Be the first point of contact to the customer
- Build a strong customer relationship within purchasing, engineering, and quality
- Manage commercial open issues
- Identify new business opportunities, obtain RFQs, lead the quotation process, customer negotiation, and nomination
- Support the development of business strategies to achieve short and long-term goals (sales, profitability, etc.)
- Ensure that all areas of the team are aligned with customer expectations
- Coordination, preparation, and execution of customer meetings and events
- Manage commercial activities: including purchase orders, tooling orders, cost breakdowns, cost tracking/history and change management
- Monitor customer quality and warranty
- Work with the sales director to implement new sales initiatives and programs to capture key demographics
- Background in braking or rubber commodities is preferred
- Experience in commercial negotiations and business acquisition
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a Global organization, managing multiple projects and competing priorities
- Ability to travel as business needs require
- Understanding of manufacturing workflow and manufacturing methods is required
- Demonstrated experience dealing directly with GM is preferred
- Experience with other OE’s & Tier’s is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
About Hagman Search Group
Hagman Search Group is the leading executive search firm devoted to helping brake organizations hire top industry talent. With years of brake knowledge and expertise, our firm is uniquely qualified in attracting executives and senior-level professionals in the friction, foundation brake, and advanced braking segments.
Brian Hagman is President of Hagman Search Group and has spent the last 15+ years working in the brake industry through various HR leadership and executive search positions and is 100% dedicated to the industry.
Back to Brake Careers