The Technical Program Manager is the lead technical customer liaison responsible for managing program expectations, timing, and validation activities. This role ensures testing is completed, performs data analysis, and reports results with internal and external customers. The Technical Program Manager will need to have effective communication skills as well as a strong technical background. This position will be an integral part of the team creating a positive customer experience.
Detroit, MI area
- Understand customer requirements and identify effective solutions.
- Provide technical, design, and product application guidance to meet customer needs.
- Manage design changes before and after SOP.
- Review and maintain design records (drawings, specifications, procedures).
- Manage testing to complete product validation.
- Interface with customer engineers on a daily basis.
- Establish strong customer relationships, including the Engineering, Testing, Quality, and Supply Chain.
- Conduct root cause analysis.
- Provide status reports to leadership.
- Identify and understand future trends and requirements.
- Observe and participate in external testing of products.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills required.
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 5-10 years experience in automotive manufacturing and product launch experience is strongly preferred.
- Up to 25% local and international travel required.
- Knowledge of the vehicle brake system and testing is a plus.
- Ability to communicate technical solutions effectively.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels within and outside of the organization.
Interested in the Technical Program Manager opportunity?
Contact or Apply
Brian Hagman // +1 270-300-7001 // [email protected] // hagmansearch.com
About Hagman Search Group
Hagman Search Group is the leading executive search firm devoted to helping brake organizations hire top industry talent. With years of brake knowledge and expertise, our firm is uniquely qualified in attracting executives and senior-level professionals in the friction, foundation brake, and advanced braking segments.
Brian Hagman is President of Hagman Search Group and has spent the last 15+ years working in the brake industry through various HR leadership and executive search positions and is 100% dedicated to the industry.
Back to Brake Careers