Hagman Search Group is conducting a Senior Test Engineer search for a leading heavy-duty brake supplier. This position will perform a full range of technical work including writing new test procedures, sign-off test reports, draft laboratory management policies & procedures, test report templates, measurement uncertainty budgets, and inter-laboratory correlation studies. This position also runs laboratory empirical investigations resolving component-level root-cause analysis.
Cleveland, OH area
- Plans, conducts and coordinates a broad range of complex engineering technical assignments requiring an in-depth knowledge of foundation brake hardware and laboratory testing techniques including inertia dynamometer, strain gage measurement.
- Regarded as a foundation brake hardware technical expert in the area of laboratory test methods.
- Will be a support resource to other Bendix department requiring vehicle test support.
- Will direct and coordinate laboratory activities of other test engineers or technicians on specific assignments.
- Senior Test Engineer has appreciable latitude for independent action and decision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required, M.S. in Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- 10 years minimum experience with foundation brake hardware testing within the automotive industry or commercial vehicle industry is required.
- Six Sigma experience is strongly preferred.
- 8D process experience and demonstrated implementation of PCA solutions will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills. E.g., DFSS, 8D
- DFMEA and DVP&R processes
- Able to write test procedures and test plans
- Knowledge of ISO17025 a plus.
- Knowledge of air brake systems a plus
- Experience running brake tests on inertia dynamometer.
Interested in the Senior Test Engineer opportunity?
Contact or Apply
About Hagman Search Group
Hagman Search Group is the leading executive search firm devoted to helping brake organizations hire top industry talent. With years of brake knowledge and expertise, our firm is uniquely qualified in attracting executives and senior-level professionals in the friction, foundation brake, and advanced braking segments.
Brian Hagman is President of Hagman Search Group and has spent the last 15+ years working in the brake industry through various HR leadership and executive search positions and is 100% dedicated to the industry.
Back to Brake Careers