Mobis North America has an opportunity for a Brake Controls Application Engineer with experience in electronic brake software development, to join its Brake Engineering team at its Plymouth, Michigan site. The successful candidate will have a comprehensive technical leadership and project ownership role with the design/development/adaptation of electronic brake component/system designs to new and existing OEM customers.
Position is responsible for Electronic Brake Products and Systems, supporting OEM Applications in the North American Region; reporting to the Manager, Advanced Braking Programs.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
System Application Engineer – Electric Parking Brake Software Development
- Lead and conduct customer level functional requirements analysis
- Conduct system level and vehicle level performance tests
- Perform parameter calibration and modification
- Lead/execute software quality review/open issue follow-up during development phase
- Conduct verification of control software and validation testing
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Master of Science Degree
10+ years in brake control system development and embedded software preferred.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience in automotive system engineering
- History of working with North American OEMs
- Vector Tools (ETAS, etc.) and CAN Protocol
- Electric motors (design, control, testing, modeling), sensors, switches, connectors, and ECUs
- Skills for finding and solving complex issues on vehicles and simulation workbenches
- Ability to adapt to new and emerging technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High level of oral and written communication skills
Experience in Graphical User Interface development, preferably using Matlab and/or Simulink.
Experience in digital and analog control implementation
Exposure to automotive vehicle launch
Five or more years in a functional safety environment
Test track experience in developing brake control systems (ABS, Stability Control, etc.)
Development/application of electric parking brake products/systems
Travel up to 20 percent; mostly local; some international
Liaison with global corporate contacts
Participation in online meetings
Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
To apply for this job please visit app.jobvite.com.