Website hagmansearch Hagman Search Group
This position will perform a full range of technical work, including writing new test procedures, sign-off test reports, draft laboratory management policies & procedures, test report templates, measurement uncertainty budgets, and inter-laboratory correlation studies. This position also runs laboratory empirical investigations resolving component-level root-cause analysis.
- Plans, conducts, and coordinates a broad range of complex engineering technical assignments requiring in-depth knowledge of foundation brake hardware and laboratory testing techniques, including inertia dynamometer, and strain gage measurement.
- Regarded as a foundation brake hardware technical expert in laboratory test methods.
- Will be a support resource to other departments requiring vehicle test support.
- Will direct and coordinate laboratory activities of other test engineers or technicians on specific assignments.
- Has appreciable latitude for independent action and decision.
- The position is non-supervisory.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or similar is required
Ten years minimum experience with foundation brake hardware testing within the automotive or commercial vehicle industries is required.
- Six Sigma experience is strongly preferred.
- 8D process experience and demonstrated implementation of PCA solutions will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills. E.g., DFSS, 8D
DFMEA and DVP&R processes.
- Able to write test procedures and test plans
- Knowledge of ISO17025 a plus.
- Knowledge of air brake systems a plus.
- Experience running brake tests on inertia dynamometer.
To apply for this job please visit www.hagmansearch.com.