The primary function of this position is to develop, implement and manage an effective global sales and marketing strategy for the aftermarket brake segment. The Director of Sales engages senior leadership from multiple disciplines across the organization in the design and ongoing development of the strategy, ensures effective implementation of the plan, and provides overall program oversight and management of activities to meet corporate sales and profit objectives.
- Cultivate and maintain customer relationships, including increasing penetration with current accounts and developing new business with targeted customers.
- Prepare marketing and promotion strategies and plans.
- Develop accurate short and long-term sales forecasts. Formulate annual budget; manage and revise budget at planned intervals.
- Establish profitable pricing models. Review pricing strategy with senior management and make recommendations where applicable.
- Manage product lifecycle, including initial launch, placement, and sales results.
- Develop and implement the sales and marketing strategy by traveling to trade shows, professional organization meetings, and field/customer visits.
- Lead activities related to parts management, catalog/web development, and new part applications; ensure all activities are coordinated in support of the overall sales and marketing strategy.
- Update executive team on the status of new business opportunities through meetings and/or reports, including tracking and reporting to senior management changes in the industry which impact the business strategy. This will include preparing sales reports to inform management of results of customer meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years sales and/or program management experience.
- Previous automotive aftermarket experience strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of braking products is preferred.
- Skill in communicating with others in different departments and to other people outside the organization verbally and through writing, including demonstrated success in presenting to senior-level audiences.
- Skill in managing multiple sales accounts and developing new business opportunities.
- Ability to manage timelines, deadlines and multiple competing priorities, including the ability to use strategic and analytical thinking in order to review and manipulate data.
- Knowledge to use MS Office products, MS Project, Email, Internet, Voicemail, and other miscellaneous electronic devices and software products.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com