The Application Engineer plays a key role in the promotion, design and development process of friction products for the assigned customers to drive the growth of the business. This work may include customer interfacing, customer requirements definition, material selection, dynamometer and vehicle validation testing, failure analysis, and simultaneous engineering with the manufacturing plant.
- Liaise with friction and release engineering groups at the OEM and Tier 1 level regarding approval, selection, testing, and use of friction materials for passenger cars and light trucks.
- The Application Engineer is responsible for actively participating with the internal customer teams. As a member of these teams, he/she is challenged to manage the current business situation as well as contributing to the future direction of the business.
- Select friction products based on the input from experienced Engineering team.
- Knows and uses well the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of friction performance, application operation and engineering practices. Prepare testing requests, coordinates parts, and evaluate final test results.
- Initiates and performs tasks for the APQP Process.
- Evaluate returned product for failure mode.
- Participate in the RFQ process.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Minimum of 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in brake or friction industry is desired
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects concurrently
- Has the ability to perform detailed presentations, including presenting them to the customer