The Strategic Account Manager works with cross-functional teams to create and implement strategies for maximizing current business and obtaining new business at the assigned OEM(s) and Brake Manufacturers. The Strategic Account Manager is also responsible for customer relationship management as well as the business maintenance of the Account(s) to ensure company goals are met.
Detroit, MI area
- Commercial management of one or more existing OE customers, Brake manufacturer accounts, implementation of strategies, and ensuring overall customer satisfaction.
- Accountable for driving/leading Acquisition Plan and responsible to deliver and execute the plan.
- Develops and deploys comprehensive customer strategies that improve customer relationships, profitability, and growth.
- Works in conjunction with sales management, project management, and product cost management group to develop and deploy comprehensive program and pricing strategies, proposals, quotes, and negotiations.
- Participates in cross-functional team discussions in order to monitor and support all program activity and understand business risks.
- Monitors market dynamics, including customer and competitor developments, and funnels relevant information thru the appropriate channels for consolidation in our market sensing process.
- Develops sales forecasts for use of long-term business update system and monitors market trends throughout the year for use in monthly forecast adjustments.
- Provides support on global customer issues where required.
- Responsible for liaising with counterparts of other business locations in Europe and Asia.
- Complies with contract review procedures and policies.
- Represent the business unit in a professional, positive manner internationally.
- Bachelor of Engineering or a related field and 3-5 years of experience in Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturing or Car Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of brake pads and relevant production techniques.
- Experience with commercial and technical negotiation with car manufacturers
- Understanding of technical requirements pertaining to friction material and related price positioning in the market
- Experience with the management of OEM & Car manufacturing sales accounts.
- International and domestic travel required to meet with customers.
Are you interested in the Strategic Account Manager role?
Contact or Apply
About Hagman Search Group
Hagman Search Group is the leading executive search firm devoted to helping brake organizations hire top industry talent. With years of brake knowledge and expertise, our firm is uniquely qualified in attracting executives and senior-level professionals in the friction, foundation brake, and advanced braking segments.
Brian Hagman is President of Hagman Search Group and has spent the last 15+ years working in the brake industry through various HR leadership and executive search positions and is 100% dedicated to the industry.
Back to Brake Careers